Re: pdb files

Dave Houldershaw (pps2@mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk)
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 11:19:20 +0000

Hi Deirdre,

Deirdre Crommie wrote:

> Dave,
> Regarding loading chemical mime on the Mac: I put in "pdb files" for

<snip>

> With all this completed, I am able to select the pdb hyperlink
> supplied by you and get the pdb file to load automatically without
> opening up RasMac ahead of time. Bravo! However, I still only see
> the picture of the molecule without the RasMol command line.
> Is this OK, in this case?

I don't understand this, where's the picture coming from ? is the
picture interactive ? if so then Chime has kicked in and is displaying
the pdb file.

> Changing the option on the "file type" menu from "text" to "RSML",
> "mMOL", or "ttro" did not affect the pdb test file image, as far as I
> could tell.
> Which of the four should I have selected?

"text" was the correct one.

> Is there something I will be missing in not being able to add "-pdb
> %1" after RasMac?
> Earlier you said that "-pdb %1" makes RasWin open the pdb file, but
> is this just something particuar to the Win95 configuration?

This doesn't surprise me, basically it means you can't get rasmol to
load up the pdb file automatically after it's been downloaded.If you
have Chime installed then I would for the moment stick with it, and
switch to using rasmol when we start to use scripts.

Cheers,
Dave H.