RE: BioMOO Instructions

clare sansom (c.sansom@mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk)
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 14:30:31 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Gary,

On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Brookhart, Gary wrote:

> Clare,
>
> I am having difficulty with BioMoo. I am accessing the web through a
> firewall using Internet Explorer with Windows 95. All of the
> instructions that I have found so far, assume that everyone routinely
> uses a telnet connection. That is not a standard configuration for our
> LAN. I found a telnet package in a Windows 3.1 folder but its not
> connected to anything. I have downloaded MUDWIN and can open it, but it
> doesn't show anything.
>
> I did manage to obtain a user ID and password at BioMoo. However,
> when I try to log in I get the Message: "Sorry! Either your password
> is incorrect or your web token has expired." Since I just got the
> password, I checked it several times, including case. Is this a result
> of not having a telnet connection?

I think that it is very likely that this is the case, although I can't be
sure. It is certainly sensible for you to request a telnet connection.
You may actually need a telnet type configuration to run the clients.

> I have requested telnet access from our network administrator. Is
> there anything else that I should try to get while I'm at it?

Assuming that you have downloaded and installed Rasmol and Mage, I can't
think of anything more.

There will be more BioMOO sessions over the next few weeks: donm't worry
too much if you can't make to-morrow's.

Best wishes,

Clare Sansom
c.sansom@mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Coordinating Tutor, Principles of Protein Structure