Re: PPS97-98 - Section 1 Course Material -Reply

Dave Houldershaw (pps2@mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk)
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 14:05:50 +0100

Hi Deirdre,
I don't have easy access to a Mac, and we don't have very many in
the department. However I managed a quick look at netscape on it and it
seems to be similar to the Win95 Netscape so I'm hoping the setup is the
same.

In netscape, select the 'options' pulldown menu and then 'general
preferences'. Next select the 'helpers tab', this should give you a
list of help applications. Hit the 'new type' button and type in
chemical for the mime type and x-pdb for the subtype and hit OK. This
will add the type to the list. Next type pdb in the 'extensions' type
box (below the list) and then hit the 'launch applications' button. Hit
the browse button and find RasMac on your system and then hit 'open' (or
OK).
Now the tricky bit I'm not sure about, on the PC version of
netscape the command line to Raswin is shown and I can then add to it
'-pdb %1' (with out the quotes) which makes RasWin open the pdb file
passed to it by the browser, I don't know if this is possible for Macs
and RasMac, If you could try it and let us know I would be grateful.

This is as far as I can help you for the moment, please let me know how
you get on and I will try to investigate the problem further.

Cheers,
Dave H.
PPS Tech. Coord.