Re: RasMol problem

Dave Houldershaw (pps2@mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk)
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 16:28:02 +0100

Hi Pawel,
I've not found any RasMol configuration instructions on the web yet
for MSIE3.0. I've had a go at configuring it myself and I can't get it
to work correctly either. The configuration I've used works fine in
Netscape and on the Win95 desktop but the identical configuration does
not work in MSIE3.0. I've done a quick search of the MS technical
support site and turned up nothing of any use. My impression is that it
is a bug in MSIE3.0.

The work around for this bug is to save the pdb file to disk and then
launch RasMol from the desktop but this isn't as convenient as being
able to launch RasMol directly from your browser. Alternative to this
is to use something like Netscape.

Sorry I can't help you further, if find out anything new I will let you
know,

Cheers,
Dave H.
PPS Tech. Coord.